Monday, August 6, 2012

8 Minute Meditation--Weeks 3 and 4

Week 3--Noting Body Sensations
The anchor point for this week was the constant motion throughout my body.  I didn't need to find or name the exact location of the main body sensation, just note it and direct my awareness to it. 

7/9 I "ping-ponged" to different aches and pains in my body.

7/10 At lease with breathing I had something "solid" to anchor to.  I'm not sure if I'm noting my body right--I bounce from one ache to another.  Nothing "lights" up.  Maybe I'm just noticing the different sensations and focusing too early and not giving anything a chance to "light up".

7/13  I tried something different t for a few  minutes--I tried to "find" each body part.  It was the best part of my 8 minutes but it didn't last very long and doing it twice didn't work.  I'll have to try slower next time. 

7/14 Noting body sensations has made me aware of how achy and stiff my bod is--this isn't a favorite.  :)

(Side note--In the next chapter I learned about a monk who had the inability to accept his discomforts.  That was my problem during week 3--I made judgement about my sensations.)

Week 4--This Magic Moment
This week's technique was about being present in the moment.  It was about being here now instead of elsewhere or elsewhen.  I was supposed to label my thoughts "past" or "future", release it and notice the space around it.  That space is the present. 

7/16 My type 2 nature wants more details, but I hear my husband say "don't make it harder."  I want to know how to surrender, how not to resist thoughts, how to allow things.

7/18  There are about 2 minutes when I might be feeling "present".  I am able to release my thought and I feel like I'm swinging in the space between past and future.  I have to label the thought--think "past" or "future", then think "release" then say to myself "enjoy the space left behind".  That helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment