Our homeschool group held a biography fair last week. I was a little behind in my preparation--we didn't have time for the kids to pick out their own person to study. Luckily I found a biography on the bookshelf that I was able to read aloud and Braedi, Corbin and Dyllan did a group presentation.
The book we read was from a series called Childhood of Famous Americans. The famous person was Albert Einstein. The book shared many experiences from when Albert was a youth. We learned that he liked to ask questions and solve puzzles. Through a lot of trial and error he figured out how to build a boomerang. We learned how much Albert didn't like living in Germany. He was a poor student, but only because the schools in Germany were so rigid. When he went to school in Switzerland he had a better experience. Albert played the violin and loved to read books. He didn't have many friends--he didn't fit in well--but he was kind and honest.
It was interesting to learn about the childhood of Albert Einstein. Now I would like to learn more about his scientific discoveries.

What a great person to learn about! Sounds like the homeschool group is doing more & more cool things!
ReplyDelete