Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Book #3

Sometimes I have to read something fun as a reward or break to help me get through more difficult books.  I'll read my daily goal in my classic then read a chapter of another easier book.  My most recent fun book was from The Last Apprentice series--Clash of the Demons.  It is book 6 in the series.  The series is about a boy who is an apprentice to a Spook--someone who fights the dark. 

In the Clash of the Demons, the apprentice (Tom Ward) and his master join Tom's mom, a group of witches and another spook in an effort to kill the Ordeen--a dangerous creature from the dark.  They make alliances that wouldn't normally be made in order to be successful and the Spook is worried about Tom giving into the dark.

Even though the books are a bit scary, I enjoy the story and growth of the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment