
I'm not a salesman, but we all have something to sell--ourselves. That is what I learned from reading "The Greatest Salesman in the World" by Og Mandino.
In this book we meet Hafid who is known as the greatest salesman and go with him as he walks down memory lane to the time when he was just a camel boy. He inherits 10 scrolls that contain the secrets to becoming the greatest salesman. The first scroll is the instructions and the why, and the remaining 9 contain actions to build good habits. Hafid read one scroll 3 times a day for 30 days before moving on to the next scroll. Here are the things I learned from each scroll:
Scroll I - Begin a New Life. Use the right information and become a slave to good habits.
Scroll II - Greet Each Day With Love In Your Heart. Love opposition for what each offers. Dig for reasons to applaud, shout praise and keep quiet instead of criticizing.
Scroll III - Persist Until You Succeed. Prizes come at the end of the journey and you appreciate them more after going through the struggles. Small, repeated attempts will complete any undertaking--"If I persist long enough, I will succeed."
Scroll IV - You Are Nature's Greatest Miracle. I am unique. I am the only me. I am here for a purpose.
Scroll V - Live Each Day as if it Were Your Last. Forget yesterday and don't worry about tomorrow. Avoid timewasters and DO.
Scroll VI - Master Your Emotions. Understand that emotions change and be prepared to handle each emotion. When depressed, sing; if sad, laugh. Give grace for others' emotions.
Scroll VII - Laugh at the World. Laughter improves. Remember that "this too shall pass."
Scroll VIII - Multiply Your Value Every Day. Set goals and surpass own deeds.
Scroll IX - Act Now. Goals, plans, and dreams are worthless unless followed by action.
Scroll X - Pray to God for Guidance. Ask Him to guide me to "acquire ability to equal my opportunities."
No comments:
Post a Comment