Saturday, August 24, 2013

Book #45

Another book in the OZ series. . ."Ozma of OZ".  After the last book I mentioned that it reminded me of the 2nd OZ movie.  Well, this one is even more like it.  Dorothy returns to OZ and we meet the wheelers and Tiktok and travel with them to the Gnome King to save the royal family of Ev.  We also are reunited with the Tin Woodmand, the Scarecrow, the sawhorse, and Ozma.  The kids are enjoying the series, but I would have been fine if we stopped after the first.  L. Frank Baum's writing style has changed and there isn't much to discuss.  Too bad that there are about 10 books left. 


1 comment:

  1. I remember as a child that I wanted to read all of the Oz books. I don't think I got passed the 2nd or 3rd book, but I do so love the first book.

    ReplyDelete