Although we have read the Little House on the Prairie series, I decided to include "Little House in the Big Woods" as the final book for our summer book club. It has been several years since we listened to it and I've been thinking about reading it again so that the younger kids could have a chance to experience the stories.
Even though the main characters are girls, the boys still enjoyed this book. We learned about time
period and how children were expected to act, and we discussed what it would be like to live then. For our activity we played a game of charades. I wrote down several events that took place and gave the kids an opportunity to act them out. They were allowed to use other people and props. They had a lot of fun and did a good job. I wish I had taken videos of some of them.
The kids and I are sad that summer book club is over, but look forward to started up book club again with our homeschool group in October.

I love the Little House Series....
ReplyDeleteWe have decided that each person (well, not dad) is going to read 40 books by next summer. I have challenged all of us to read from different categories. Don't know about the children, but I am enjoying it.