Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Book #57

I read a book that I didn't really have time to read.  I tried to make sure that I got an hour of "appropriate" reading in first, though, so I don't feel too guilty.  It was the next book in the Last Apprentice series--"Grimalkin the Witch Assassin".  This story was told from her point of view instead of Tom's, the apprentice.  Grimalkin was the witch who helped Tom bind the fiend in the last book.  It was  her responsibility to protect the severed head and keep it from the fiend's followers who wanted to reconnect it to the body.  Grimalkin was dedicated and was able to keep the antagonists at bay for most of the book.  These books really get me thinking about good vs. bad.  Can a witch be good?  If she is fighting for a good cause but uses bad magic, is that alright?  Does the ends justify the means? 

No comments:

Post a Comment