 |
I love this picture.
A nice visual of what a leader
should be. |
"Virtues of Leadership" by William J. Bennett is full of short stories of people from history who were leaders. Because I am trying to build leaders (myself and my children) it was the perfect book to read as part of our morning devotional. Everyday for a month and a half, I read one of the stories and discussed briefly with the kids the skills and talents each of the people possessed. There were stories of Charlemagne, King Solomon, General Washington, and Frederick Douglas. There were also stories about Florence Nightingale, Margaret Haughery, Harriet Tubman, and many more great leaders. Some stories we've heard before, but most were new to us. I like learning about people who set a good example for the people around them.
What a great book - will be adding this to our reading list! thanks!
ReplyDelete